Children everywhere LOVE to receive mail – it brightens their day and brings a huge smile to their faces. Our goal is to create MORE smiles in 2019 with the Send Happiness Project.
Here at Petit Mail, in addition to our story postcards, I want to GIVE BACK to my community in the best way I know how – by creating FUN snail mail experiences for children at no charge. In January 2019, I created a Newfoundland and Labrador – Uganda pen pal exchange as part of my #sendhappiness project.
About The Send Happiness Pen Pal Project
- I created special pen pal stationery for the Send Happiness Project featuring all four Petit Mail characters.
- We gave approximately 300 elementary students in Newfoundland and Labrador special stationery and envelopes to write a pen pal letter to a student in Uganda. The stationery printing was sponsored by local printer Cre8iv Design & Print (thank you!)
- We coordinated the delivery of the pen pal letters (in partnership with Jorja’s Journeys) to children in Uganda and provided the approximately 300 students at the Ssuubi School with special stationery to write a letter back to their pen pal.
- Jorja’s Journeys delivered the pen pal letters back to us and we brought them back to the original schools to complete the exchange!
- Students in both countries got to learn more about each other – a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Watch More Of The Send Happiness Project In Progress
Images From Our Send Happiness Pen Pal Exchange
The Send Happiness Project has been an AMAZING experience for everyone involved, including me! It has been so rewarding to see the images shown above and to hear the stories from teachers here in Newfoundland and Labrador.
About Petit Mail
Petit Mail is an Atlantic Canada business owned and operated by mom and entrepreneur Alison Butler. Our goal is to share the JOY of snail mail with children.
Petit Mail story postcards are special stories delivered monthly by snail mail – designed for ages 3 to early reader. The double-sided, illustrated stories encourage reading skills, creativity, imagination, self esteem and more!